Hello and Welcome to my blog Lulu's Story. I was born Sandra Lee Sprouse on December 29,1953 to Howard and Virginia Sprouse. I'm the youngest of 7 children. My family was and still is big on nicknames hence Lulu. My Mom thought I looked like Little Lulu in the comics strip when I was brought to her. lol I don't know that I was ever called by birth name until 1st grade. I do remember my teacher Miss Robinson insisted I write Sandra on my paper, but as you'll read along the way I was a determined little girl and I wrote Lulu! In this blog I hope you laugh, and be inspired, but please don't cry. My story is what has made me the woman I am today.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's A Blessing To Breathe

Good Afternoon Everyone! Staying one step of ALS breathing episodes isn't easy, but I'm so determined I'll try anything. Yesterday morning I got up feeling good and within a half hour I had trouble breathing. As far as I know I wasn't anxious before hand, but within minutes I was very anxious. So, time for the Xanax only I didn't want to sleep all day so I took a Valium instead. About a half hour the Valium was working. Although, I still had trouble breathing I was calmer. I had the O2 running for a little more comfort. Around 11 I was doing better and it's a good thing because the sisters came for a visit. They're always in a good mood and ready for anything. Their mission for this visit was cleaning blinds and windows. Not an easy task because I have 12 windows in the sun room! Yikes! Bless their hearts always looking out for Lulu. I'm very thankful for all my sisters do for me. Guess I didn't realized how much they needed cleaning, but today I'm enjoying the brilliant sunshine coming through those clean windows! My breathing continued to be under control during their visit. In the late afternoon Fred's sisters stopped by for a short visit. Catheryn his oldest sister knew I had spent Friday in the ER so, they stopped in to see how I was doing. The evening went well with only one incident, but not as bad as the morning because I was staying on top with the anxiety medicine.

This morning I was dreading getting up remembering the episodes of yesterday. With my thinking cap on I thought if anxiety is causing my breathing to mess up...why not take my Valium in bed. That way I could lay a little longer while the medicine worked. Once in my recliner and settled I was surprised at how things were going. Also, I kept my neck brace on because yesterday I noticed it kept the high pressure alarm from going off every 5 minutes. Now, I sit here and all is good! I've only had the one Valium, no extra treatments, neck brace is off, and best of all NO OXYGEN!! A very good day so far!

I still don't know whats causing the anxiety but, until I do I'm starting my day with a Valium and neck brace. Whatever works....I'd like some feedback so, What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment