Welcome!

Hello and Welcome to my blog Lulu's Story. I was born Sandra Lee Sprouse on December 29,1953 to Howard and Virginia Sprouse. I'm the youngest of 7 children. My family was and still is big on nicknames hence Lulu. My Mom thought I looked like Little Lulu in the comics strip when I was brought to her. lol I don't know that I was ever called by birth name until 1st grade. I do remember my teacher Miss Robinson insisted I write Sandra on my paper, but as you'll read along the way I was a determined little girl and I wrote Lulu! In this blog I hope you laugh, and be inspired, but please don't cry. My story is what has made me the woman I am today.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Busy As A Beaver!

My mind is thinking of all the things I want to do and have to do. My eyes can't keep up! LOL I hope everyone is having a fantastic Tuesday! My cousins Doris and Kay stopped by a few Mondays ago...after a weekend of fun with my other cousin Joette. They had so much fun that they want to take me next time. Woo-Hoo! So, at the end of September I'm off to the Charlestown Races! No, I won't bet the house, but do hear they have penny machines! LOL  For me it's not about gambling it's getting to spend quality time with family. I love to do that no matter where. Shirlie, Barbs and June will be going along, Hey....I need some adult supervision! Sorry Cuzs! LOL

It's a good thing I don't need the act of Congress to get the van rented. That's all taken care! I really hate the way they treat the disable as far as the expense goes. For two days of fun it's going to cost my cousins $400....RIDICLOUS!! Which brings me to my next wish and that is for a van. I have to different friends with bands that said they would play at a benefit for me. That's the other thing June and I working on. I value everyone's opinions so, do you think it's appropriate for me to do my own fundraiser? Having a van would mean so much to me. As you all known living with ALS and a fixed income isn't easy.

I welcome your feedback on this post. Thanks and a good evening or afternoon to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment